Participants can participate in inline skates compliant to the World Skate rules. Especially keep in mind the maximum length from end of last wheel to tip of first wheel, which is 50cm and with maximum wheel diameter for 125mm (in this case only 3wheels per foot are allowed). Helmets are obligatory while we also recommend other protective equipment such as wrist, elbow and knee pads. Winner is person who first completes 9 laps (22km) or 17 laps (42km) and crosses the finish line (brutto time). Participants are obliged to abide the COVID-19 recommendations of Slovenian Institute for public health. In case you feel bad or have fever please act responsible, call your personal doctor and cancel your participation.
- Instructions from Slovenian Institute for public health to prevent spread of COVID-19
- Instructions how to properly wash hands
- Instructions for minimizing spread of COVID-19 with caughing
Hotels and accomodation
We have managed to obtain some special prices for competitors with several hotels in the region. If you would like to spend whole weekend in Ljubljana to focus more on the race itself without stress of travel, we advise you to check below list of the hotels and accommodations.
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Ljubljana
For reservation please send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with code Halfmarathon
- Single room with breakfast 100€
- Double room with breakfast 120€
- Additional payment of tourist tax 3.13€ per person, per day
- Free use of wireless internet connection (Wi-Fi) at the hotel
- Free use of the fitness centre
Sport hotel Ljubljana
For reservation please send email to: email@example.com with code Halfmarathon
- Single room with breakfast 80€
- Double room with breakfast 100€
- Triple bed room with breakfast 126€
- Quad bed room with breakfast 150€
- Additional payment of tourist tax 3.13€ per person, per day
- Other hotels in Ljubljana can be found here
Starting number pickup
You can pick your starting number at our information point on Saturday at 13:00 local time until 18.00. No pickup of starting numbers on Sunday. Information point is located on final bus station number 13 named: Center Stozice.
All start procedures will begin on the main start area. Each participant should take their spot on the circle drawn on the floor in the correct sector assigned to them at starting number pickup. Please respect others and the distance around yourself. Make sure you are within starting area at least 5 minutes before start. Starting sectors close 5 minutes before the start. In case you are late, you will have to start after the last sector. Each participant shall wear a mask until they reach their starting spot on the starting line.
Medal ceremony for the top3 absolute men and women in ranking of inline skating, roller ski and handbike will take place on main start area stage. Best 3 men and women in general inline skating ranking will receive money awards of 100 EUR, 80 EUR and 50 EUR. Best 3 men and women in general rollerski ranking will receive money awards of 100 EUR, 80 EUR and 50 EUR if there are more than 10 registered competitors per gender. Award money is only paid out to competitors that are part of award ceremony. Payout options are to be agreed personally as amounts are in gross. Each participant will be able to pick up participation medal after completing the course. If you do not receive it, please contact us through our e-mail and we will arrange for a medal to be sent on your cost. Medal ceremony per categories will not be public.
Age groups and categories
Age is calculated based on World skate rules which means year of event - year of birth. All categories compete for absolute ranking, but we will assign best competitors to the first starting sector. :
- Cadet (16 and younger)
- Junior (17 and 18 years)
- Senior (18 years+)
- Master U40 (30 to 39 years)
- Master U50 (40 to 49 years)
- Master U60 (50 to 59 years)
- Master 60+ (60+)
Saturday, 19th August 2023
Info point, Sport center Stožice next to entrance/exit in parking garage - Entrance 1, open between 13.00 and 18.00
- 10:00-16:00 recreational surprise skate with optional lunch and minibus transfer back to INFO point
- 19:00 meet and greet of participants and volunteers in Hotel Radisson Blu Plaza
Stroll around Ljubljana and feeling the city atmosphere
Sunday, 20th August 2023
Info point, Sport center Stožice next to entrance/exit in parking garage - Entrance 1, open between 7.00 and 14.00
- 8:00 Opening of dressing rooms
- 8:00 complete road closure
- 8:40 Start of warmup for 42km races on inline skates
- 9:00 start of the marathon race on inline skates men
- 9:01 start of the marathon race on inline skates women
- 10:50 Start of warmup for 21km/42km races on inline skates
- 11:05 start of the halfmarathon race on inline skates men
- 11:06 start of the halfmarathon race on inline skates women
- 12:30 start of Skate one lap with family
- 13:00 Medal ceremony for inline skates
- for 42km absolute men and women for inline skates
- for 21km absolute men and women for inline skates
- 14:00 end of road closure
Course is located next to Stadium Stozice in Ljubljana, where parking and changing rooms will be provided on site. Course than takes the four lane road to and from Ljubljana center with ample area around for the spectators to enjoy. Course has long incline and long decline without sharp turns.Course is 2.45km long and competitors complete 9 laps for 22.05km in total, or 17 laps for 41.65km in total
Start and finish area
Start and finish is on the same line. Each participant shall position in the assigned sector on his floor marking. That way we will ensure ample space around everyone before the start. Allow enough time to get to your sector and spot as starting zone closes 5 minutes before start. In case participant is late, he/she will start in the last sector.
Dressing rooms will be available in Stadium Stozice. You will be able to leave your clothes in the provided bag only and you will be able to retrieve it with your starting number. We do not take any responsibility about items in the bag. Restrooms will be provided on spot and in restrooms. Warmup on the course is allowed after the course is closed for traffic. Warmup around start sectors is not allowed. Parking garage (we recommend paying for Park And Ride) is accessible using entrances 1 and 5.